30. I went to school for international business because it combined business and travel.
29. Cultures have fascinated me for as long as I can remember.
28. I fall more in love with my home city, Toronto, every time I return from a trip.
27. I’ve lived in 5 countries on 3 continents.
26. I’m a professional waterfall and volcano chaser.
25. I feel totally comfortable and at ease in airports. It’s weird and uncommon, I know, but long layovers don’t bother me one bit.
24. I burned out and decided to take a sabbatical for a year to travel after working 80-90 hours a week for startups for 3 years.
23. I spent a year planning my sabbatical, saving money, paying off my debt and planning my travel year.
22. I mainly drive automatic cars, but also recently learned to drive stick and have driven on the left side of the road for weeks on end in Australia and New Zealand.
21. I love coffee as much as I love dogs and traveling.
20. I learned to play the violin at 4 years old. I went to a professional music school until I injured my index finger in grade 5 and had to take time off.
19. I was born in Romania but moved to Toronto, Canada, with my parents when I was 12.
18. I studied abroad in Chambery, France, for a year. I loved every minute of it and it changed my life.
17. I'm a night owl and a morning person. I am equally happy (and perky, I'm told) being either and can interchange them based on what I need to get done.
16. I'm a huge animal lover. My dream job would be to travel all over the world and cuddle animals. I wish I could save all animals from neglect, abuse, and pain in general.
15. I have an ever-expanding bucket list, not that it surprises anyone.
14. I've been traveling since I was 3. Read my story and how I fell in love with traveling.
13. I was also 3 when I got my first passport, albeit I was sharing with my mom but I it would only be a few more years before I got my own individual one. It’s still my most valuable possession.
12. My first solo trip was at 16, and I haven't stopped traveling alone since.
11. In 2015, I went to an all-inclusive resort in Riviera Maya, México, by myself for a weekend. It was a big step and I got a lot of confused looks during dinner time, but it was then I realized I’m actually really great company and only
10. I'm a hopeless romantic, and will always be despite how many times I've had my heart broken.
9. I've stepped on 6 continents and visited 37 countries, but I've been to more than half of them more than once.
8. I recently celebrated my 35th birthday in my 35th country, Costa Rica!
7. My favorite country is Ethiopia. I went in 2010 for 3 weeks when a group of 15 of us raised $100K to build a school there. That trip shaped my life since, and Ethiopia will always have a special place in my heart.
6. I'd move to New Zealand in a heartbeat if it wasn't located on so many fault lines.
5. I love meeting new people and making friends, which is one of the reasons I don't care if I have to go alone somewhere, including new countries and festivals.
4. I visited two continents in one year (Asia & South America) because I felt I needed to expand my horizons.
3. I consider myself an ambivert. I'm an extrovert in public and feed off people's energy (which is why I love festivals!) but I can also be an introvert and spend weeks on my own. I'm equally happy doing both, it's a balance.
2. When I was young, I wanted to be a veterinarian. Then I found out that to be one, you also have to put animals down. No, thank you.
1. After my dreams of being a veterinarian were crushed, my goal shifted to one day owning a farm where I could take in as many strays as possible and just love them forever. While traveling through Costa Rica, I found Teritorio de Zaguantes, a farm outside San Jose that’s taken in 1,300+ stray dogs. #Goals